Italian Sausage Pizza Sliders:
- 1 lb ground italian sausage (can substitute ground beef, but will need to season with 1 teaspoon each salt, black pepper, fennel seed, garlic powder, and paprika, and mix with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil)
- 1 packeet of 1 dozen King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce--any brand will do; I used Bertoli
- White American, Mozzarella, Monterrey Jack or Borden 4-Italian Cheese Blend Slices
- Using a very sharp knife, carefully split the Hawaiian Rolls into tops and bottoms, then set aside. NOTE: I recommend doing this after the rolls have sat in the refrigerator for an hour so the bread is a little harder--makes for easier splitting. At room temperature the rolls will get mushed up.
- Form meat into 12 thin patties about 2 inches by 1.25 inches.
- Coat a medium to large sized skillet with 1 tablespoon Olive Oil and preheat on medium for about 5 minutes.
- Places patties in the skillet and sear each side for about 5 seconds. Then cook each side for about 3 to 5 minutes each side to level of done-ness you prefer. NOTE: If you have a George Foreman™ clamshell style grill, it will go much faster. Just be sure to lubricate the grill and allow it to preheat before cooking the patties.
- While the patties are grilling, wrap the Hawaiian rolls in a paper towel and heat in the microwave 30 seconds on half power to soften/steam them.
- Heat about 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in the microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds.
- When the patties are done drain them of any excess grease.
- On each roll, place a patty, a half a slice of cheese, and about 1 tablespoon of spaghetti sauce.
I appreciate any feedback you can provide!
Zao an, Y'all!!!